Over the last year, a bunch of feature requests have cropped up in GitHub issues. But some features don’t belong in Caddy core, so we made Caddy extensible with plugins. I’ve closed those issues but am linking to them here so they are not lost.
If you’re a Go developer that would like to extend Caddy’s functionality, please feel free to build these plugins and share them with the world!
We can use this thread as a collection point for plugin requests, but if you are actively developing a Caddy plugin and would like to track its progress and talk code, please open an issue on GitHub! Thanks—we want to keep all specific dev-related discussion on GitHub.
Adding a new plugin idea
- Make sure it has not already been proposed
- Include specific, concrete details with enough information so that someone who is interested in building it can act on your idea.
Discussing a specific idea
If you want to further discuss a plugin idea or reply to one, click “Reply as linked topic” to start a new thread. Let’s keep this thread on-topic.
These are ordered roughly oldest to newest (descending).
- Generating podcast feeds
OAuth login middleware
- Run as Windows service
- General security middleware
- Live reload on save/modify
go getvanity URL support
- Kubernetes Ingress controller
- S3-specific proxy (or expand the existing proxy directive)
Statistics/metrics and/or monitoring service integration Minify/pre-process Modify response bodies on-the-fly
- Integrated site search
- AsciiDoc parser
- DNS over HTTPS