Caddy update on SSI - server side includes?

Hey @matt been a while since I last tried Caddy for integration into my LEMP stack installer. Now that you have a forum, thought I’d sign up :slight_smile:

Last time i touched on idea of Caddy SSI support at https://github.com/mholt/caddy/issues/392. Was wondering if there’s been any changes in status or stance on SSI since Caddy 0.8 ? :slight_smile:

Looking good since I last looked at Caddy, you’ve already added some of my feature requests for includes file support for per vhost files (via import), user-agent based rewrites, hotlink protection and gzip min length :thumbsup:

1 Like

Hey George, welcome back!

I still don’t consider implementing SSI a priority for me at this point but I guess I can’t stop anyone from writing a plugin.

And, to give credit where due, most of those features you mentioned that were implemented are courtesy of @abiosoft :wink:

Hey Matt :slight_smile:

I see, shame i can’t program in GO if my life depended on it right now :laughing:

ah then shout out thanks to @abiosoft :thumbsup:

If SSI isn’t supported, wondering if Caddy has alternate means of doing what i want. Basically, say a static html file has a header, navigation and footer. With Nginx i can use SSI include to reference a header, navigation and footer template common to all pages of the site and Nginx will include those templates in served static html files.

If SSI isn’t supported, wondering if Caddy has alternate means of doing what i want.

Yes, like I mentioned in that issue from the very beginning, Caddy has templates which do includes but are more powerful than SSI. :+1:

1 Like

oh that’s just what i need :slight_smile:

I wanted to host jitsi-meet via caddy but I’m forced to use nginx because the page relies on ssi :frowning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.