What languages do you prefer?

If we have enough non-English speakers, it might be worth encouraging them to use their native language on the forums, but that would only be useful if there is enough users who speak those different languages. So, I just wanna know what languages you prefer. That’s all. :slight_smile:

• English
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Chinese
  • Portuguese
  • Italian
  • Russian
  • German
  • Korean
  • Japanese
  • Other (comment)

0 voters

Please keep it english only. Separate languages might only work for truly huge communities addressing non-professional users (I’m talking about more than 100’000 of users). Having several languages means to search and understand problems and solutions in different languages because you can’t be sure that the same problem and the corresponding solution will be posted in multiple languages.
I expect from IT professionals to be able to understand and write in english.

No worries, at this point it looks like English is by far the preferred language anyway, so I don’t think branching out to others will be very helpful at this point.

2 Likes

Caddy is not only geared towards IT professionals. In my opinion at least the Website should be multilingual at some point, and maybe the less technical parts of the forum. I share your concern about duplication, but mainly on the forum.

@matt, is the new website going to be multilingual?

1 Like

I’m not so optimistic about the skills necessary to deploy Caddy server. And therefore I question the benefit of a multilingual website also.

Eventually. Not out the door though.