V2 - route53 module build

Attempting to build Caddy v2 with the route53 module, currently see a build error:

# github.com/lucas-clemente/quic-go/internal/handshake
C:\Users\u1\go\pkg\mod\github.com\lucas-clemente\quic-go@v0.12.0\internal\handshake\crypto_setup.go:501:72: undefined: qtls.CipherSuite
C:\Users\u1\go\pkg\mod\github.com\lucas-clemente\quic-go@v0.12.0\internal\handshake\crypto_setup.go:523:73: undefined: qtls.CipherSuite
# github.com/caddyserver/caddy/caddytls
C:\Users\u1\go\pkg\mod\github.com\caddyserver\caddy@v1.0.3\caddytls\setup.go:160:28: cannot use value (type "github.com/go-acme/lego/certcrypto".KeyType) as type "github.com/go-acme/lego/v3/certcrypto".KeyType in assignment
C:\Users\u1\go\pkg\mod\github.com\caddyserver\caddy@v1.0.3\caddytls\setup.go:359:4: cannot use config.Manager.KeyType (type "github.com/go-acme/lego/v3/certcrypto".KeyType) as type "github.com/go-acme/lego/certcrypto".KeyType in field value

With this being my first attempt with Caddy v2 and adding a DNS module I feel like I’m doing something wrong.

Steps to reproduce

I’m compiling on Windows 10…

Basic Initial confirmation of a build completing

λ go version
go version go1.13.1 windows/amd64
λ git clone -b v2 "https://github.com/caddyserver/caddy.git"
λ cd caddy\cmd\caddy\
λ set GO111MODULE=auto
λ go build

At this stage everything is building as expected.

Modification to include the route53 module

Then I modify caddy\cmd\caddy\main.go to include the following additional line:

_ "github.com/caddyserver/dnsproviders/route53"

This is placed under the line:

_ "github.com/caddyserver/caddy/v2/modules/filestorage"

Execute the build

λ go build

This is the stage where I receive the error (see above)

Is there something I’m missing or am misunderstanding about how this should work?

EDIT: I’m noting the caddyserver\caddy@v1.0.3\caddytls error is obviously indicating the wrong version of Caddy.

Right; the DNS providers are for Caddy 1, they are not yet available for Caddy 2. Extra/third-party plugins will probably be the last thing that is done for Caddy 2, we have to get the core right first.

1 Like

OK - good to know - thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.