V2: Install Caddy local CA cert into Lynx

Does Caddy auto-install its certs into the Lynx text-based web browser? If not, can we add that feature? It appears that Lynx has support for self-signed certificates.

Failing that, has anyone manually done this who can give some pointers?

That feature is provided by the integration with smallstep (I think from this repo GitHub - smallstep/cli: 🧰 A zero trust swiss army knife for working with X509, OAuth, JWT, OATH OTP, etc.), so this is a feature request that should be made there.

Otherwise, you can manually install the root CA certificate to your trust store. It’s found inside your Caddy storage directory, at pki/authorities/local/root.crt. I don’t know which OS you use, but I’m sure you can find instructions for your environment.

1 Like

Feature request submitted: Auto-install local CA cert into Lynx · Issue #257 · smallstep/cli · GitHub

Hi @skyfaller @francislavoie I’ve tested lynx with step and step-certificates and didn’t found any issues, I’ve explained my process in Auto-install local CA cert into Lynx · Issue #257 · smallstep/cli · GitHub

1 Like

Very cool, thanks for the update @maraino, and welcome too!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.