Reverse Proxy without Subdomains via Routes

OK, so it’s working with the subfolder.

Lets just make sure the browser is, in fact, making requests to the subfolder properly.

Can you load example.spdns.de/pve/ in your browser with the web console open at the Network tab, and check which path, exactly, those JS requests are going to?

An excerpt of the HTML where the JS resource is specified, for one of the scripts giving errors, might also tell us a bit.

1 Like

As you can see in the secnd picture there are some files filled with Hello World.
So maybe subfolders arent working as expected

Definitely not. I’ve written about this in the past - every now and again I dig out this post, suggest you have a read to get a bit of a grasp on what’s going on and why:

To fix this, you need one of the following:

• a subdomain (sorry, I know you’ve said this isn’t possible for you on free DynDNS service), OR;
  • the app in question to support a base URL setting, OR;
  • to start filtering all the HTML and headers that come back from the app, to manually replace incorrect references with the correct, subfolder-prepended URLs

HTML filtering was possible in v1 as a third-party plugin, I don’t think v2 has this yet (although it should be pretty straightforward to implement, I think!). Even so, that approach was complex and fraught with potential footguns, as you have to be very precise with your rules to get the results your browser will need.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your help.
Then I guess I got the solution to my problem.

At least I know why it isn’t working.
I really appreciate your help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.