Rate limiting for v2

Is there any plan to get rate limiting into caddy v2 as a default module or external module? I can help with migration.

EDIT JUNE 2021: This topic is getting a lot of clicks in search results, so the updated answer is that I did make a rate limiting module:

Old answer:

There is no rate limiter planned yet that I know of, but I’d happily entertain a design disussion and proposal in our issue tracker! Sign in to GitHub · GitHub

(The actual module code will probably live in a separate repo though.)

thanks for the response. Do you think this design could be good enough as a design ref?

I think a proposal should start fresh with Caddy 2. You can use the v1 plugin for ideas, sure, but not much beyond that in the proposal/design phase. (Later—during development—similar logic in code could be brought over, of course.)

I’d start with describing the high-level functionality, what the module name would be, what its config structure would look like, what the behavior would be in various situations, and figure out the Caddyfile syntax last.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.