Outgoing Webhook not working from Wordpress

Dear Caddy Community,

I have wordpress running behind caddy and want to use a html form to call a webhook outside of the container.

Sadly either html form and elementor based forms do not fire the webhook successul.

I tested the webhook via postman and it works fine.
Is caddy somehow blocking outgoing webhooks or do I need to make a extra setting to get it working?

Have a nice day.

Please open a new topic, copy the help topic template from there, fill it out and edit your opening post (or just paste it below).
Thank you :innocent:

3 Likes

Here is my Caddyfile:

{
email mail@example.com
}
example.com {
root * /var/www/html
encode gzip
php_fastcgi wordpress:9000
file_server
}

There is one repeating error on the caddy docker container, but it is not especially linked to that webhook problem, as its not coming up when fireing the webhook:

{“level”:“error”,“ts”:1664973005.9915617,“logger”:“http.handlers.reverse_proxy”,“msg”:“aborting with incomplete response”,“error”:“http2: stream closed”}

Thats the caddy docker-compose used:

caddy:
image: caddy:${CADDY_VERSION_TAG}
restart: unless-stopped
ports:
- “80:80”
- “443:443”
volumes:
- ${CADDY_DATA_FOLDER}/Caddyfile:/etc/caddy/Caddyfile
- ${CADDY_DATA_FOLDER}/data:/data
- ${CADDY_DATA_FOLDER}/config:/config
- ${WORDPRESS_DATA_FOLDER}:/var/www/html
links:
- wordpress
- php-fpm

I hope someone can help.

Hi, uhm, that’s still not the help topic template.

We still don’t understand your problem nor your setup.

ye, you can just ignore that error. That one has nothing to do with your actual problem.

Since you are talking about some html form, consider looking into your browsers console/network tab and look out for any errors there.

Could you please fill out the help topic template?
Also, it might make things easier if you just post your website, the url to one of such html form you are having problems with and your working postman example.

No.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.