No port can be announced

I’m investigating an issue I’m having where after a reload Caddy would serve empty pages while generating log messages like

{
  "level":"error",
  "ts":1665680917.1116009,
  "logger":"http.log",
  "msg":"setting HTTP/3 Alt-Svc header",
  "error":"no port can be announced, specify it explicitly using Server.Port or Server.Addr"
}

My site configs are relatively simple, usually just

example.com {
  root * /var/www/example
  php_fastcgi unix//run/php/php7.3-fpm.sock
  file_server
}

but I haven’t found out exactly when it happens, whether it happens only for PHP sites, whether it happens every time or whether it happens for all sites.

I will investigate further and post a more detailed error analysis.

Before I do that, I would like to ask what this message actually means. Under which circumstances would we expect the message no port can be announced, specify it explicitly using Server.Port or Server.Addr to show up?

Can you please fill out the help template so we can assist? We need to reproduce the issue. We’ll need the information asked for in the template you deleted :frowning:

Ah, yeah, I shouldn’t have deleted the whole template. It asked for the Caddyfile, but right now I don’t have a Caddyfile that would cause the issue right away, then I went ahead and deleted the whole thing.

So apart from the Caddyfile which I don’t have I think it asked for the version, which is

v2.6.1 h1:EDqo59TyYWhXQnfde93Mmv4FJfYe00dO60zMiEt+pzo=

It also asked how it is installed, that is a manual install following the instructions from Keep Caddy Running — Caddy Documentation with the systemd unit file from dist/caddy.service at master · caddyserver/dist · GitHub.

Well, yeah, that’s what I’m trying to do, which is why I’m asking what conditions would trigger the log message.

Thanks; might be worth trying 2.6.2 which was just released a few minutes ago – it has some fixes related to HTTP/3 listeners. Mostly minor/edge cases but it’s possible that this was taken care of.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.