New Custom Module for OLO signature authorization

I authored a custom module that handles generating OLOs Signature Authorization header. This method of authentication is used for server-to-server authentication with OLO APIs and thus the first clue on why this is here. An OLO developer account is required to view the documentation, but I got a quick breakdown in the readme that covers what this module does.

What is OLO?
OLO is the dominant player in Online Ordering. In a nutshell, it’s the piece that provides menus and funnels your mobile order off to the restaurant. It also does all the grunt work of interfacing with KDSs (Kitchen Display System) - the display employees behind the counter use to make your order. If you have ever ordered food from an establishment online (mobile/web), chances are high that the request passes through OLO.

Why is this needed?
I cover that in my readme as well. For your convenience, it’s needed because OLO requires all web clients to pass requests through a proxy (CORS and stuff). This is where Caddy comes in because it makes for a great reverse proxy!

Let me know what we think. I understand if this is too niche for the general user. Just wanted to see if we think this can provide value to other users.

Very cool! Thank you for sharing.

What the requirements are for getting a plugin to Modules - Caddy Documentation? Does this plugin meet the requirements? Mainly just a curiosity at this point.

Just make an account at Dashboard - Caddy to register your plugin. There’s no particular requirements, other than needing to be pure-Go (no CGO) and being a valid Go module.

Thanks! That was easy: Modules - Caddy Documentation. I’ll update the docs soon.