macOS ARM64 can't download, building forever

1. Caddy version:

none, can’t download. presumably 2.6.4

2. How I installed, and run Caddy:

I cannot download Caddy from the official download page.

a. System environment:

I have tried on Win10, macOS Mojave and Big Sur

b. Command:

c. Service/unit/compose file:

d. My complete Caddy config:

3. The problem I’m having:

When attempting to download the macOS arm64 version the download page says “building” and spins indefinitely. 12 hours later it is still building.

4. Error messages and/or full log output:

5. What I already tried:

I’ve used three system OS’s (win10, big sur (m1), mojave (intel). I can successfully download the windows 10 amd64 version with no problems or hangs on all three test systems.

6. Links to relevant resources:

There’s a known bug in go get that causes it to hang, and I’m not really sure what to do about it. Timeouts can break legitimately slow builds (we tried that before). I’ll try rebooting the build server.

Thank you, Matt, I appreciate it.

I can confirm that the server reset has worked! I am succesfully able to download vanilla+plugins from the official download page on Win10, MacOS M1 and MacOS Intel.

Thank you for all your work. Is there anything that future Googler’s of this problem should do if they come across this thread in 6 months?

1 Like

Perhaps I spoke too soon. I downloaded a 44 MB text file called “caddy_darwin_arm64_custom”

Is that the correct file to expect? When I set up caddy on my win10 machine I got an exe. I apologize, but can you point me in the right direction of how to install on a unix system?

Only windows executables have the .exe suffix. The downloaded file might not have the executable bit set by default; you can make it executable on unix systems with chmod +x caddy (or whatever the binary is called).

Hopefully it’s fixed by then… but I’d recommend pinging here on the forums if there’s a problem again.

I commented on cmd/go: get hangs without error output from unknown revisions · Issue #53905 · golang/go · GitHub about a similar reproduce case. Hopefully they find a fix soon.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.