General request for advice here: I am looking for documentation about configuring caddy for letsencrypt while on localhost.
I want to make sure that my local caddy dev setup will work with letsencrypt when I move it to production:
- this is for caddy v2 running in docker-compose container
- I am using the native caddy v2 config format (JSON)
- I have set up the v2 config to use letsencrypts staging environment (from here)
- I want to ensure that the certificates will be properly saved to persistent docker volumes. I know how to set up docker volumes. I however don’t know where caddy saves certs by default or how to tell it where to save certs.
where can I find documentation for where caddy v2 saves certs?
- I want to be able to pass the acme challenge right here on my localhost. It seems the dns challenge may be my only option for this to work on my localhost. I know how to disable the other challenges so that the only option is the dns challenge (from here)
where can I find detailed instructions about setting up a dns acme challenge for caddy v2
My main aim is to minimize trial and error of my setup online - I want to do the trial and error right here on my localhost and avoid issue like this. Kindly help.