How to revoke Let's encrypt certificate

1. The problem I’m having:

Being new to Caddy, I made the mistake to not set-up LTS cert key. Thus got a www. Let’s encrypt certificate.
It overwrites my wildcard certificate. Now the subdomains are not viewable.

2. Error messages and/or full log output:

How do I revoke a Let’s encrypt certificate? And be sure that it is not created again?

3. Caddy version:

4. How I installed and ran Caddy:

a. System environment:

b. Command:

PASTE OVER THIS, BETWEEN THE ``` LINES.
Please use the preview pane to ensure it looks nice.

c. Service/unit/compose file:

d. My complete Caddy config:

5. Links to relevant resources:

You only revoke a certificate if:

• it’s actively being used and relied upon,
  • and the private key is compromised (or it was issued in violation of BRs in the first place)

Can you explain your situation a little bit more and finish filling out the help template?

I have no problem with Caddy. I have a certificate problem caused by the unclear initial instructions for using Caddy.
The way to use TLS is 1000% focused on the great advantage of auto HTTPS. In my case, I came from Apache, have a certificate for the domain. And did not read all details. Started testing with :80. All OK.
Then removed the :80 and got unwanted Lets’s encrypt auto certification.
“How do I get back to the certification, what worked on Apache” is my challenge right now? And how do I prevent ending in the same place again?

It’s highly unlikely Caddy “overwrote” your existing certificate, unless you placed it in the exact same path that Caddy stores its certificates with the same filename. (This is a managed area that Caddy creates on disk by default.)

We’ll need more details about to your setup to help.

I have
tls /etc/ssl/certs/certificate.crt /etc/ssl/private/certificate.key
in my Caddyfile. But www.domainname.com opens with a Letsencrypt certificate.

www.domainname.com {

root * /var/www/html

file_server

}

I have putted the LTS within {} and Letsencrypt off. I get the right certificate now. Thanks.

It looked all too easy. Still needs a RTFM session :slight_smile:

I’m not sure I understand – the config you posted doesn’t have the tls directive, so Caddy will be getting its own certificate for that domain. :thinking: What is your whole Caddyfile (unredacted, please)?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.