How to delete forum account?

Hi,
I looked all over my account settings and I can’t find any option to delete my account.

I don’t use the forum much and I’d like to delete my account permanently.

Thanks.

Hi @MorgothSauron,

In Discourse (our forum software), only new users with a very low number of posts can delete their accounts.

As an alternative, you could message one of our forum administrators (see: About - Caddy Community), who can anonymize your account (the effects of which are outlined here: Anonymizing Users in Discourse - announcements - Discourse Meta).

As an extra step we could also possibly suspend the account, removing its ability to log in.

1 Like

Hmm, so it won’t let me delete accounts that have any posts, and for your account, it says “Can’t delete all posts. Some posts are older than 60 days old.” So the best I can do is anonymize it, whatever that means (which the link above explains, derp)… is that OK? Or I can “suspend” it meaning you can’t log in.

Edit: Yeah, basically everything :arrow_up: he said.

If I understand anonymize with “replace” the username and email address with dummy values, correct ? That would mean that I would never be able to login again unless I register again. If I’m correct, you can proceed to anonymize my account

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.