Documentation does not appear after registering module

I recently registered my first Caddy module. It can now be downloaded on the Caddy download page, but it does not have any description. It also have its own page in the Caddy documentation, but nearly empty. And it does not appears in the module listing.

Inspired by the source code of other modules, I tried to add some documentation comments and struct tag fields, but it did not work.

What should I do ?

And, yes, I did not forget to push the “Rescan” button in the Caddy module dashboard.

There’s an error due to Go version mismatch between what your module requires and what we have on the server. I’m looking into it.

2 Likes

Try a rescan now

1 Like

It does not work anymore:

Rescan failed
Sorry, something went wrong:
502 error

:frowning_face:

Aaahhhh uh oh :sweat_smile: let me check

2 Likes

Try now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OK. Scan works now and Pixbooster is now on the global list. But description and documentation are still missing everywhere…

1 Like

The pages are cached. It takes time for the cache to expire and the new values to show.

1 Like

Great! But the module list was updated and the description is missing, so I think there still is a issue there.

Well, Pixbooster has disappeared again from the module list… :crazy_face:

This bug sounds familiar…

We probably need to devote some energy to fixing our docs backend but I do not have the time right now…

3 Likes

I encourage you to find the time soon: it’s quite demotivating for module developers not to see their work referenced and documented here…

1 Like

I know. Sorry. We just have limited resources and lots to do! Gotta release 2.8, then revamp our docs, so maybe after the docs are done, we can work on the module documentation system.

2 Likes

Don’t be sorry! I did not meat it that way… I encourage you i.e.I wish you courage :smiley:

1 Like

That’s a quirk of French vs English, the connotation of “encourage” is a bit different. In French the emphasis of the word is on “courage” but in English it usually has the connotation of “adding pressure” :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

So it’s my turn to be sorry, for my bad English! Luckily, we have a Canadian :hugs: to fill the gap! Are you from Quebec?

1 Like

Franco-Ontarian. Pretty different from Quebec French.

But no worries, it’s obviously a really subtle thing, no harm done.

3 Likes