Caddyscope: a (read-only) dashboard for Caddyserver

Hi,

I am a fan of Caddy and wanted to share a module I’ve been working on for the past 3 or so months. It’s my first Caddyserver module, not my first Go project. Started as a weekend project so to speak to, to scratch an itch and to learn how Caddyserver can be extended.

Without further ado, here’s Caddyscope:

Caddyscope is a read-only dashboard for Caddy which shows you currently registered virtual hosts and metrics based on Caddy’s Prometheus integration. My motivation was to provide a dashboard similar to the Traefik dashboard and this is it (IMHO).

I know there are a few dashboard projects for Caddy already, but most of them also let you maintain/update virtual hosts etc.. Since I am using caddy-docker-proxy as well, none of them worked really well for me.

Setup is really straight forward — the usually `xcaddy` dance, followed by a bunch of service labels: caddyscope/docs/deployment.md at main · Luzilla/caddyscope · GitHub

I’ve included docs for static configs too — if you are not using it like I do. Or for example in another environment (such as k8s, VPS, etc.).

The screenshot was taken after I setup a test host the other day and instantly got hammered by people watching Let’s Encrypt’s logs. But anyway, it performed well. Anyway, looking forward to feedback. If you use it, feel free to say “hi” on GitHub and star the project.

1 Like