Hi there Caddy creators and maintainers!
First of all, thanks for creating such an awesome tool
I want to talk about Caddy’s logo.
When I entered the main webpage of Caddy, I really liked it. But the logo was not so attracting. I felt like everything was neat and beautiful but the logo just didn’t fit at all. Of course thats my impression and my opinion. Most of you may disagree.
What I see in the current Caddy logo is:
- Grass (what may have grass to do with a webserver?)
- Remains of a rocket launch or something that goes beyond (this actually makes more sense)
Although the logo is not the worse logo I’ve ever seen, not even a bad one, I don’t feel it shows hype. I don’t feel like Caddy is something new, something neat, it just does not attract me to wonder what’s behind that logo.
So… Instead of throwing my weekly hate against the current logo (again, I am not saying it is a bad one and congratulations to the one who designed it even I don’t feel the fit here) I spent a bit of my spare time to try a new concept based on Caddy’s best or most newsworthy features.
- Could you explain what’s behind current Caddy logo?
- Do you think a logo rebump/redesign would affect negatively to Caddy as a product? I mean losing the link between Caddy and its current logo since it was publicly available.
- Do you agree with my feelings about the current logo?
- Any feedback about my design/approach?
- Do you feel like improving/changing the current logo?
Thanks for your thoughts everyone! Jorge