Caddy V2 windows 10 Executable (where to download)

1. My Caddy version (caddy version):

V2

2. How I run Caddy:

I have Caddy V1.0.4 currently running on windows 10

a. System environment:

Windows 10

b. Command:

paste command here

c. Service/unit/compose file:

paste full file contents here

d. My complete Caddyfile or JSON config:

paste config here, replacing this text
DO NOT REDACT anything except credentials

3. The problem I’m having:

Where can i download the Caddy V2 (exe) xecutable, all i find is github repositories and how to compile it. is there no install package like Caddy V1?

4. Error messages and/or full log output:

5. What I already tried:

6. Links to relevant resources:

1 Like

Welcome fellow Matt :slight_smile:

Have you looked at the docs? We have plenty of links to downloads for you: Install — Caddy Documentation

And yes of course you can always build from source (it’s not hard – just install Go and run go get or clone and run go build).

Hope that helps!

The Matts are multiplying! Oh noooo!

From one Matt to another, thank you i followed the link to the releases.

i’d think it would be good to have a simple download page like V1 has.

Well, that “simple” download page is actually a lot of work – but it will eventually, I think. For now, GitHub’s download page will have to suffice!

I must say I had the same question as OP.

If you on Install — Caddy Documentation change:

You can download Caddy from GitHub , where new releases are immediately published.

to something like:

You can download Caddy from GitHub , where new releases are immediately published. Scroll down to ‘Assets’.

I think it would be a lot clearer. Especially for releases with long release notes and changelogs.

At least I didn’t find the final download link until I read this post. :slight_smile:

Vegard

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.