Debian

b. Command:

caddy upgrade

c. Service/unit/compose file:

Paste full file contents here.
Make sure backticks stay on their own lines,
and the post looks nice in the preview pane. -->

d. My complete Caddy config:

Paste your config here, replacing this text.
Use `caddy fmt` to make it readable.
DO NOT REDACT anything except credentials.
LEAVE DOMAIN NAMES INTACT.
Make sure the backticks stay on their own lines.

3. The problem I’m having:

4. Error messages and/or full log output:

2022/09/21 22:31:32.194	INFO	this executable will be replaced	{"path": "/usr/bin/caddy"}
2022/09/21 22:31:32.194	INFO	requesting build	{"os": "linux", "arch": "amd64", "packages": ["github.com/caddy-dns/lego-deprecated"]}
upgrade: download failed: download failed: HTTP 400: unable to fulfill download request (id=ace6d479-5732-4291-b906-7a9f7226069b)

5. What I already tried:

6. Links to relevant resources:

It appears our server runs out of memory when building this plugin… sigh. (Hence why we deprecated this years ago and replaced it with our own caddy-dns plugins, which are much, much more lightweight and versatile).

I’m not sure I can guarantee an upgrade to our build infrastructure just for one deprecated plugin…

So you might need to use xcaddy for this one, on your own machine: GitHub - caddyserver/xcaddy: Build Caddy with plugins – should only take a few minutes! Sorry about that.

(Better yet, ask your DNS provider to have someone implement support for their service into the caddy-dns repos.)

1 Like

I have no idea why the caddy build had that plugin. I did an upgrade on another server that didn’t have that plugin and copied the bin across and everything seems to be ok. Thank you!!!

I have the same problem but with the plugins “GitHub - mholt/caddy-l4: Layer 4 (TCP/UDP) app for Caddy” and “GitHub - hslatman/caddy-crowdsec-bouncer: A Caddy module that blocks malicious traffic based on decisions made by CrowdSec.”. Any news on this?

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.