Caddy add-package hangs when trying to add lego-deprecated

1. The problem I’m having:

I am trying to use caddy add-package to add lego-deprecated. I can add other packages, but with this one it hangs on requesting build.

2. Error messages and/or full log output:

app@myhost ~/p/api (main) [1]> caddy add-package github.com/caddy-dns/lego-deprecated
2023/05/12 03:28:27.569	INFO	this executable will be replaced	{"path": "/home/app/.local/opt/caddy-v2.6.4/bin/caddy"}
2023/05/12 03:28:27.569	INFO	requesting build	{"os": "linux", "arch": "amd64", "packages": ["github.com/caddy-dns/digitalocean", "github.com/caddy-dns/lego-deprecated"]}

3. Caddy version:

4. How I installed and ran Caddy:

Installed using webinstall.dev/caddy

a. System environment:

ubuntu 20.04
amd64

b. Command:

caddy add-package github.com/caddy-dns/lego-deprecated

c. Service/unit/compose file:

N/A

d. My complete Caddy config:

N/A

5. Links to relevant resources:

That package is huge, it adds a lot of dependencies, hence why it’s deprecated. It continually brings the build server to its knees.

I suggest you build it on your own hardware with xcaddy instead.

1 Like

This reminds me it’s probably time to remove that plugin from our website. It’s too expensive to build on our limited infrastructure and our newer, lighter caddy-dns packages support about 50 providers now, with more continually being contributed by the community.

I can rebuild it with xcaddy. Np. My reason for using lego is that dnsimple isn’t present in the current caddy-dns libs. Is there anything holding back caddy-dns/dnsimple other than nobody has written and tested it?

1 Like

Yeah I think nobody’s written it yet. You could be the one to do it!

1 Like

Yeah, as Francis said it hasn’t been written yet – but DNSimple is pretty fantastic, so I imagine their API is good. You should have no problem doing it I hope :crossed_fingers:

Here’s the relevant issue requesting it:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.