Caddy 2.6 Released

We’re pleased to announce the release of Caddy 2.6, which enables HTTP/3 by default, virtualizes the file system, emits events, increases performance of static files and FastCGI, and much, much more.

This is our biggest release since v2. Please upgrade, submit your feedback, and enjoy the new features and performance! Edit: v2.6.1 is out already. Use it instead!

If your company uses or benefits from Caddy, we’d love to have you as a sponsor along with Stripe, Tailscale, ZeroSSL, and others:

9 Likes

So this doesn’t build with the lego-deprecated plugin

Yeah… if only I had realized it was deprecated :smiley:

(It’s there, I just didn’t read it.)

Error: adapting config using caddyfile: parsing caddyfile tokens for 'servers': /etc/caddy/Caddyfile:4 - Error during parsing: unrecognized protocol option 'experimental_http3'

What do you mean? What are you seeing? Can you provide logs?

Try clicking the download button and selecting the lego-dns plugin. It say building forever before failing

Gotcha. It’s a website issue, not with the release itself. I’ll check it out. Meanwhile, you can use xcaddy.

1 Like

Thanks. I was going to try that but going away for a few days. I’ll try when I am home on Monday otherwise I am setup to use xcaddy…

Ok so success using xcaddy to build with plugin but the web download is still not building

That plugin uses more memory to compile than our build server has available. (That’s why we deprecated it. Too heavy.) I might remove it from our download page.

2.6.0 was the first version it wouldn’t build on.
Anyway as lokn as we can use xcaddy…

It was probably cached before. Our build server has been quite busy so hasn’t had as much memory available lately.

This topic was automatically closed after 120 days. New replies are no longer allowed.