Adding caddy plugins with go modules and latest caddy master

Hi,

if I pull caddy from master via “GO111MODULE=on go get github.com/mholt/caddy@master”, then I get the compiled binary in the “bin” folder in the GOROOT folder, but how can I tell go to add some plugins from github?

In the past “go getting” the repos worked, but with go mods and the latest master of caddy, my above command seems to already do every step to finish caddy, before i can intervene and add plugins.

Tried also without the GO111MODULE=auto var and v0.11.5, but I cant seem to get that to work.

Any idea? Thanks!

Beats me. :man_shrugging: I’m having the same problem. go get no longer puts the source code in src. I’m afraid that will become the default when Go 1.13 is released.

Track cmd/go: no way to `go get` source code for editing in module mode · Issue #31529 · golang/go · GitHub.

1 Like

As stated here by Matt, this could be the solution for GO1.12 and Go1.13.

1. git clone https://github.com/mholt/caddy.git
  2. cd caddy
  3. git checkout <version> :arrow_left: optional, but necessary if wanting a specific version
  4. go build or go install :arrow_left: will get all dependencies as specified by go.mod

Thank you Matt!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.