Website bind to IP

(Stonedestroyer) #1

I have realized that if I host one site on test.domain.com that is listening on one domain and another testlocal.domain.com that is listening to one of the IPs linked on the server.

So Server 1 has 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.3.3.

Now if I portforward port 80 and 443 to 192.168.1.2 which contains test.domain.com I can send a vhost request to that domain and get test2.domain.com even though that is bound to a different IP than the first one. Should the scenario be here that it should not return that domain as it is not listening to that IP? As I wanted now was a local domain that is only resolvable locally.

(Matthew Fay) #2

My understanding is that if you bind Caddy over multiple IP addresses, it will serve all sites on all IP addresses it’s listening to.

I haven’t ever had to do this myself, but I expect you’d want to run multiple instances of Caddy, one for each IP address you want to be discrete from each other.

(Stonedestroyer) #3

Thank you I have decided to do just that. As it improves security as well as I can complete block off the instances from each other. I was worried about performance impact but it seems there were no issues.

(system) #4

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.