Username is Required

I’ve been using Caddy for about 9 months with no issues. I restarted my pc and when I went to fire up Caddy I got the following:

Activating privacy features... 2019/03/29 21:11:57 Name.com Username is required

I’m not totally sure where to set this username. I’ve made 0 configuration changes since I first set things up months ago so I’m a tad confused on what happened.

When I initially setup Caddy I had to compile it specifically for name.com. Will I have to do that again? I currently don’t have go installed on this pc and I remember having a hard time figuring it all out the first time so I hope not.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I don’t actually know off-hand, but a wild guess: it could be that name.com changed their API recently?

If that’s the case how would I go about getting it updated?

I believe I used the plugin here:
github.com/caddyserver/dnsproviders/namedotcom

Can I just get a push in the right direction? This isn’t my area of expertise but I managed to get the app compiled the first time around.

Also, is there an easier way around this? Like changing the nameservers of my domains or moving them to a different service. Something that will at least get my site back online in the meantime?

Any solution would be greatly appreciated.

One important question is, “Why is namedotcom in the Caddy documentation, and the dnsproviders repo, but not available from the download page/build server?”

lego supports the namedotcom provider, is there a problem with the Caddyserver wrapper? Any thoughts @matt?

1 Like

I just never got around to adding it to the Caddy website. Did it just now.

2 Likes

Cheers @matt!

@v3xx3d, grab the latest version from the website with the tls.dns.namedotcom plugin included and let us know if you’re still running into problems?

1 Like

Everything works great now!

Thanks guys! @matt @Whitestrake

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.