Transition from local site to K8s

1. The problem I’m having:

I am not sure I would tag this as much of a problem, as much as I am looking for someone who may have done what I am about to do, and see if I can get advice on how to do this.

I have Caddy up and running with three parts:

• Reverse Proxy to Gitea git instance
  • Reverse Proxy to a Dokuwiki WIKI instance
  • File serving static pages

Thank You Matt Holt, your help was invaluable.

For me, this has all been a POC, now I want to build what I really wanted. But I also see how it might be a better solution to push all of this into a local K8s cluster. I have Docker Desktop set up on my Mac Mini M1. Docker Desktop has Kubernetes as an option, and this has been turned on.

My next idea is, could I move all this into Docker? Push Gitea and Dokuwiki to only reply within K8s, thereby shielding it from the outside world. Then push the Caddy inside the K8s cluster and connect it to an ingress gateway allowing public access on my box, only via this path.

With every working natively on the Mac, has anyone else tried this pivot into Kubernetes? Any advice? Any warnings?

2. Error messages and/or full log output:

None Yet

3. Caddy version:

Currently 2.8.1 installed via brew, but new version will be whatever the latest is

4. How I installed and ran Caddy:

Current version is via Brew, but was thinking of a helm chart for the next version? Advice welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.