"The page isn’t redirecting properly" when runn

Sorry, I don’t know or use NextCloud, so I won’t be of much help. If it’s uncharted territory you might have to figure it out on your own!

I’m not going to read all 100+ posts in this thread, but, the last log message you posted:

no certificate available for 'cloud.haddock.cc'

means that there isn’t any certificate loaded for that domain name, and/or Caddy isn’t configured to serve that domain.

You can read how automatic HTTPS works here: Automatic HTTPS — Caddy Documentation

Ok thank you. I’ll look into that.

Did you maybe revert your Caddyfile to some version without cloud.haddock.cc as a site label, when you were moving back to Caddy in Docker possibly? Definitely double check the site address is present so Caddy knows to fetch/load a cert for it.

Whoops. I’m dumb. I commented out the Nextcloud part of my Caddyfile. It now looks like this, but I’m back to getting the white screen. Ugh.

{
    #acme_ca https://acme-staging-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/directory
}

cloud.{$DOMAIN} {
    reverse_proxy nextcloud:443
}

git.{$DOMAIN} {
    reverse_proxy gitea:3000
}
media.{$DOMAIN} {
    reverse_proxy jellyfin:8096
}

wiki.{$DOMAIN} {
    reverse_proxy bookstack:80
}

start.{$DOMAIN} {
    reverse_proxy dashmachine:5000
}

watch.{$DOMAIN} {
    reverse_proxy peertube:9000
}

admin.{$DOMAIN} {
    reverse_proxy keycloak:8080
}

Error message:

{"level":"error","ts":1591577516.0544076,"logger":"http.log.error","msg":"x509: certificate signed by unknown authority","request":{"method":"GET","uri":"/","proto":"HTTP/2.0","remote_addr":"192.168.50.1:41454","host":"cloud.haddock.cc","headers":{"Accept-Language":["en-US,en;q=0.5"],"Accept-Encoding":["gzip, deflate, br"],"Cookie":["__Host-nc_sameSiteCookielax=true; __Host-nc_sameSiteCookiestrict=true; oc_sessionPassphrase=jtGvwQ0k22QOmsGIjtQ9qY3MEURz04m8g90Jv29oH6qIV8Rqt6l2HcPf3tTHklOxFn0Iif3nw2YumdCRMskcwEFrMSZvobHzRxkYGR48gEfxC%2BU2fqtusxs5dko6k9ax; i18next=en-US; oc6mbe5vxaa7=hnb90f9hh1lktfn44p50i0h1cg; ocgiijrqfwz6=qkm9m4jmv2rkp9iadsg3lvnchr"],"Upgrade-Insecure-Requests":["1"],"Te":["trailers"],"User-Agent":["Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:77.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/77.0"],"Accept":["text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,*/*;q=0.8"]},"tls":{"resumed":false,"version":772,"ciphersuite":4865,"proto":"h2","proto_mutual":true,"server_name":"cloud.haddock.cc"}},"duration":0.065108629,"status":502,"err_id":"y8ywep0r9","err_trace":"reverseproxy.(*Handler).ServeHTTP (reverseproxy.go:380)"}

Ahh, we’re getting somewhere! Previously it was an issue with sending HTTPS requests to a HTTP listener.

Now we see this: certificate signed by unknown authority. That means Nextcloud is now serving HTTPS on port 443, but it will be self-signed (untrusted).

You must configure Caddy to ignore the lack of trust. This is done with a transport subdirective block for your reverse_proxy.

Something like this:

reverse_proxy nextcloud:443 {
        transport http {
                tls_insecure_skip_verify
        }
    }

reverse_proxy (Caddyfile directive) — Caddy Documentation

3 Likes

Woah that actually worked! Thanks! Is there anything else I have to do?

Not that I know of. Run into any other problems?

I don’t think so, besides needing to set HSTS.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.