Template Actions in Markdown files?

I’m trying Caddy for the first time, and attempting to use Template Actions within Markdown files rendered with the markdown middleware. I believe the Markdown is rendered before it’s parsed for template tags, so a string like {{Include "other.md"}} is converted to {{.Include "other.md"}}, breaking the template tag and generating a 500 error. Template Actions without quotes (e.g. {{.IP}}) work as expected.

Is there a supported way to use template tags in Markdown files?

Sample Caddyfile:

:2015

root www
errors
templates / .md
markdown

Sample Markdown file:

{{.Include "other.md"}}

Error:

13/Feb/2018:15:41:46 +0000 [ERROR 500 /test.md] template: test.md:9: unexpected “&” in operand

Hmm, rather than combining those two, since they kind of step on each other a bit, use just one or the other. You can execute templates in markdown by specifying your own page templates, and you can execute markdown in templates by using the {{.Markdown}} template action.

Thanks @matt! I think either option loses some of the functionality I was hoping for, but overall the markdown middleware provides more of what I wanted. I’ll stick with that and live with the lack of Template Actions in the page body.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.