Syncthing looses connection with caddy as proxy

Hey,

I just have setup caddy as a proxy for my syncthing config on my desktop, and it frequently looses the connection.
Sometimes when I try to connect, I just get a 502 Bad Gateway error, when it works, it does not work for a long time, after some minutes at most, I get an error message. Best thing is, that now, that i want to take a screenshot of the error message, I only get the error message on the other pc, not where I am writing this forum post… It says: “Connection Error Syncthing seems to be experiencing a problem processing your request. Please refresh the page or restart Syncthing if the problem persists.” Since the error appears with two different syncthing instances, after i have restarted both, one run on the pi where caddy runs on, one on my desktop pc, i figured there is something about caddy, that causes this misbehaviour.

greetings
jcgruenhage

Is Syncthing even using HTTP? Their docs talk about a SOCKS proxy, which is more at the TCP level.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.