2. How I run Caddy:

caddy installed on ubuntu 20.0.4 on a VPS

Hosted by hostwind.com

b. Command:

Paste command here.

c. Service/unit/compose file:

Paste full file contents here.
Make sure backticks stay on their own lines,
and the post looks nice in the preview pane.

d. My complete Caddyfile config:

Paste config here, local host 
Use `caddy fmt`
DO NOT REDACT anything except credentials.
LEAVE DOMAIN NAMES Squeakyrocket.com
Make sure the backticks stay on their own lines.

3. O problem would like to know more about

Issues I have 1:- need to know or be pointed towards information on how do I tell caddy location of configuration file
2;- setting up ssl for caddy certificate signed by public CA please just point me in the right direction I should be fine from there
Just wanted to add I really appreciate all the help and assistance I’ve gotten from this forum everyone’s assistance have be great
<!-working? Pleaseenough so that anyone can poiyme in thtrigbt direction I would really appreciate i
O problem just wanted to be pointed in the direction of setting up salon config this Tybee guide I was going to follow. Caddy - SSL Certificate Installation
If I could be point in the direction of more about setting up ssl for caddy that would be great would like to know more

4. Error messages and/or full log output:

5. What I already tried:

6. Links to relevant resources:

Hi Dominic,

Use the --config flag:

caddy run --config /path/to/Caddyfile

Caddy does this automatically, by default. No explicit configuration required: Automatic HTTPS — Caddy Documentation

I know caddy does auto self signed certificate but I run Rocket.Chat and I have an ssl ssl certificate error and I’ve been given advice from Rocket chat Comunity support forum that I need to have a certificate signed by a public CA so my question is how do I configure caddy configuration file to complete this task you just need to point me in the right direction please

What is your current config that gives you the error?

For setting up ssl signed by a CA I’m going to use the following guide

I asked the caddy Comunity for more information on the subject as I only wanted to do this once any help would be great

The caddy version is 2.4.2 hope that helps as you did ask

I thought you were misinterpreting.
Caddy issues a Let’s Encrypt or ZeroSSL certificate for public hostnames.
This has been a feature of Caddy since its inception.
Issuance of self-issued certificates is limited to local.

Of course, Caddy will issue a self-signed certificate.

You seem to have something wrong with the configuration.
Please publish a specific Caddyfile etc. here so that we can provide remedial measures.

1 Like

If you have set your local IP address or host name to Caddy,
change it to an externally referenced domain name.
I haven’t seen your Caddy settings, but maybe that’s all you need to do.

I’ve started a new config because I couldn’t find the default one where would I find the default config file? I’m very new to caddy

But I haven’t configured caddy to use new config I plan on doing that tomorrow when I configwcaddy config to you a signed ssl certificate from a ca but I’m more than happy to share it with you

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.