}
}

xyz1.abc.com {
proxy xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xx (ip&port) {
transparent
}
}

output :

AuthURL: https://acme-failed to obtain certificate: acme: error: 429 :: POST :: https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/new-order :: urn:ietf:params:acme:error:rateLimited :: Error creating new order :: too many failed authorizations recently: see Rate Limits - Let's Encrypt, url:

Hi @Gireesh_Kademani, welcome to the Caddy community.

Sorry to say, but it looks like you’ve hit one of LetsEncrypt’s rate limits. These limits are in place to stop any one user from consuming an unfair amount of LE’s ACME server resources.

All the information you need is in the error message itself, which explains which rate limit you hit, and has a link to the documentation on their rate limits.

Hi @Whitestrake, Thank you for welcoming me to the caddy community

Ya, I agree with you,

but problem is, i have only two subdomain in my caddy pointing to the proxy,
which am creating newly for hosting web application. As per my understanding of the ACME rate limits, 5 per a week we can get the certificate, but am not able to get only two certificate.

I am sure, my caddy config is correct, the caddy -validate is saying Caddyfile is valid.

I have digital ocean droplet (instances) and port 80 and 443 are open, am using godaddy domain provider.

Please, let me know, if am missing anything.

Thanks in advance

The error you gave was not a rate limit on the number of subdomains. The error says too many failed authorizations recently, which is this limit:

There is a Failed Validation limit of 5 failures per account, per hostname, per hour. This limit is higher on our staging environment, so you can use that environment to debug connectivity problems.

Rate Limits - Let's Encrypt

P.S.: The limit you’re thinking of is not 5 per week, it’s 50:

The main limit is Certificates per Registered Domain (50 per week).

Unless you’re thinking of renewing the same certificate or requesting a duplicate certificate:

Renewals are treated specially: they don’t count against your Certificates per Registered Domain limit, but they are subject to a Duplicate Certificate limit of 5 per week.

Regardless, I’d strongly advise reviewing the entire document on their rate limits to get a good understanding of what’s going on.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.