Raspberry pi 4 arm8

Has anyone tried installing Caddy on the new Raspberry pi 4? i am going to be getting mine in a few weeks but i cant see a a arm8 download so i hope the arm64 will work like Matt said.

I run Caddy on my RPi 4 (Raspbian). Just build for arm: GOOS=linux GOARCH=arm go build

1 Like

Pretty sure arm64 is just the 64-bit instruction set for ARM processors (which requires armv8-a architecture as a minimum?). That’ll be the one you want. arm7 will be 32-bit only.

Don’t have an rpi4 myself yet. If you set it up, tell us how it goes!

Will do!,
I use the OS DietPi(based on buster) and i think its still 32bit so i guess I’ll choose arm7, we will see

Hmm, the DietPi image for all Raspberry Pi models seems to be ARMv6 based on the file name. Not sure if that’ll be a problem or not, but definitely not 64bit…

There are other DietPi downloads for non-Raspberry Pi models that seem to be ARMv8, but I don’t know if there are actual model-specific adaptions that would make them incompatible, or if the download screen just uses the models to determine which architecture to give you.

hmm, well i have time to hunt for new OS, lets see

The arm7 version is the one that worked for my rpi4. While the pi4 has 64 bit architecture, raspbian is still 32 bit I think.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.