Quick question regarding docker command line reverse-proxy

1. Caddy version (caddy version):

2. How I run Caddy:

ssh into server via command line

a. System environment:

OpenMediaVault 5, Docker

b. Command:

docker run -d --volume /var/lib/docker/MediaServer/Caddy/Config:/config --volume /var/lib/docker/MediaServer/Caddy/Data:/data -p 80:80 -p 443:443 --network bridge --restart=unless-stopped caddy caddy reverse-proxy --from shatnersbassoon.ddns.net --to 172.17.0.4:8096 reverse-proxy --from hopeandvaseline.ddns.net --to 192.168.178.38:444 reverse-proxy --from shatnersportainer.ddns.net --to 172.17.0.3:9000

3. The problem I’m having:

I can use a command line to set up a reverse-proxy for one of my three domains. But I can’t seem to make more than one work via command line. Is this possible via command line, or do I need to use a caddyfile? I have tried putting in commas, brackets etc and I cannot find any documentation to tell me how to put in multiple reverse-proxy commands in a single line

4. Error messages and/or full log output:

No error messages. It will only reverse-proxy the last --from and --to in the command

5. What I already tried:

caddy reverse-proxy --from xx --to xx reverse-proxy --from xx --to xx
caddy reverse-proxy --from xx --from xx  --to xx --to xx
caddy reverse-proxy --from xx --to xx, reverse-proxy --from xx --to xx

6. Links to relevant resources:

I’m really sorry for the dumb question, but I can’t get my head around this

Yeah, that command only lets you set up a single proxy. It’s just meant for very simple usecases, like spinning up a quick proxy for development environments.

You should use a Caddyfile config for anything more complicated than a single proxy.

I thought as much. Thank you very much for the quick reply!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.