Interested in a "Go Plugins" plugin for Caddy?

Go has a “plugins” package, that allows you to build Go programs as “plugins” and dynamically import them at runtime.
I’d like to write a plugin for Caddy that allows people to compile their Go web applications as plugins, and serve them via Caddy. Would others be interested in such a plugin?

It means you can serve your Go app with Caddy, without somehow compiling it into caddy.

Sounds cool. I wonder if it would see significant usage over simply having the web app listen on a local port for Caddy to proxy to, which must be incredibly common due to the simplicity of net/http.

The main advantage for me over proxying is that I only have to run one process, which reduces the complexity.

If this doesn’t require modifying Caddy core, then sure, that sounds like a great plugin! I like this solution more than modifying Caddy core to support dynamically loaded plugins. Do you think it would support only apps written in Go?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.