Installing Caddy v2 in Arch Linux

Hi folks, is there a good way to install the latest Caddy v2 in Arch Linux? Only v1 seems to be available in official repositories. When I search the user repositories, I also don’t see an up to date version. The closest appears to be “caddy2” which seems to be stuck on beta.13.

Can we get that updated? I’d be happy to help if I can, although I literally installed Arch Linux for the first time yesterday so I’m the opposite of an expert.

1 Like

We’ve sent a message to remind the maintainer of the Arch repo to update to the latest beta :smile:

For now, the easiest approach is probably to add the service file yourself and download the latest release from Github.

Yeah, that’s what I’ve been doing on Ubuntu. I wrote an Ansible role that can either build Caddy from source or install the latest binary from Github, depending on my mood that day. I’m kind of tired of manually pasting in the URL of the latest binary, though :stuck_out_tongue: I’m trying to switch to Arch Linux in part because it seems to make it easier to run cutting edge packages through a package manager.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.