Info for architecture decision

1. The problem I’m having:

Hello Team,
I need to prepare a Architecture Decision Records for using Caddy over NGINX in a Docker env. Can you help me to find comparative charts, benchmark, etc, or any useful material you may think will help me to backup this decision?

Thank you very much.

2. Error messages and/or full log output:

PASTE OVER THIS, BETWEEN THE ``` LINES.
Please use the preview pane to ensure it looks nice.

3. Caddy version:

4. How I installed and ran Caddy:

a. System environment:

b. Command:

c. Service/unit/compose file:

d. My complete Caddy config:

5. Links to relevant resources:

1 Like

That’s not something we have at this time, we don’t particularly compare ourselves directly to other servers, we let the community make the comparisons themselves for their own usecases.

Every user has different needs and requirements, and Caddy will perform better or worse compared to other options depending on those factors. It depends what you’ll be trying to do with Caddy, how you’ll configure it, etc.

There’s tons of info on both the homepage https://caddyserver.com/ and an extensive list of features https://caddyserver.com/features that you could use if this is helpful for you.

3 Likes

Hey Miguel, I do have a slide deck that discusses the technical benefits of Caddy and compares it to other solutions.

If you want I’ll email it to you. (What email should I use?)

We should also talk about getting your organization set up with a sponsorship if you decide to use Caddy. It’s the best way to get support and ensure ongoing development of the project. :100:

2 Likes

Hi Matt, thank you for your reply. Awesome, s slide deck would be helpful. Pleased email it to me: miguel.herrnsdorf@gmail.com.
We sure can talk, but I am doing this to contribute to an open source project. I can tell m you more about it if you want.

Thanks Francis, I have seen the site and the features but that is not enough for an architecture decision record.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.