Help! Caddy reverse proxy introduces long delay in response

What’s a vpc?

Anyway, I’ll only be able to get around to it when I have time, especially if the reproduction is complicated or expensive. Optimizations aren’t a particularly high priority at this stage, since they’re something that anyone could do in the meantime, and I have to get the 2.0 release ready.

Thanks! Anyone is welcome to help investigate further at this point.

No problem then… All I did is create a Django view that returns a static string and put it under gunicorn and put caddy infront of it.

My first tests were with curl. I decided to use ab to make testing higher request counts easier. I realized it was happening under no load so I used it for demonstration.

It takes the Django view 84ms or so from those logs. And the reverse proxy is taking 4 seconds. I figured it was a configuration issue. If it isn’t, so be it. I didn’t mean to bother you…

Certainly looking forward to the release but I can’t imagine I’ve done anything unusual.

Vpc is just the term Amazon uses for the space they create for you to run their computers in. I can’t imagine this demo costing more than a couple of dollars if you spend some time with it.

1 Like

No problem, not a bother – just want others who may be reading to know that we could use their help. :slight_smile:

Hey @gordon, how long does the DNS lookup for web take in your infrastructure?

(I suppose, ideally, we’d have that in our logs, but that takes place outside the HTTP layer so I’d need to finagle some things to work it in.)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.