[Help] Attempting to run Caddy as a reverse proxy, Need help with implementation

So, I worked most of today on getting it setup right, between DDNS port forwarding and figuring out how to setup a reverse proxy on a windows machine. Safe to say I finally accomplished it. However, I am at the very last step (getting Caddy to run at startup as a service.) It works perfectly if I start it from the cmd prompt, but when I go to run it as a service, it doesn’t want to work. I’ve tried both NSSM and the hook plugin that can be downloaded with Caddy.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi @Thomas_Helms, welcome to the Caddy community.

You’ll need to get a hold of Caddy’s output - it should tell you why it’s exiting (assuming that it’s a case of Caddy running and exiting, rather than the service failing to start the executable for some reason).

Thanks for your reply. How would I go about doing that?

If you haven’t configured a -log flag as part of setting up the service, you’ll need to do that. Then read the log file from the destination you configured.

https://caddyserver.com/docs/cli#log

Well, I’m not sure what it was causing the problem but once I uninstalled the service and rebooted, then reinstalled the service using the -log command along with the other commands required. It seems to have installed and started working. Thanks for the help! I sincerely appreciate it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.