Getting Error 400 when installing Caddy

- explain what you are trying to do
I am trying to install caddy
- show what you have already tried,
Disabled Windows Firewall, allowed inbound rules, run in CMD
- include error messages and log output,

Activating privacy features…2017/10/07 20:33:56 [squaredserver.publicvm.com] failed to get certificate: acme: Error 400 - urn:acme:error:connection - Fetching http://squaredserver.publicvm.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/jR5cZSmQ0UMvDjIlpeZXGtm_H7RAsykHNtSdQR_AyDY: Timeout
Error Detail:
Validation for squaredserver.publicvm.com:80
Resolved to:
Used: 98.179.183.42
I have no idea where to go from here. Everytime I try to run Caddy through CMD I get this. My DNS Server and domain is through dnsexit as well, if that makes a difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This isn’t a problem installing Caddy, this error happens when you try running it and Caddy can’t get a certificate for your site. It looks like outside servers are not able to access your site on that port. Usually it’s a misconfiguration of a machine in front of your server.

Thanks for the reply. How would I go about trying to fix this?

You need to identify the device at the edge of your network and configure it to forward HTTP and HTTPS to your Windows machine. How you go about this depends entirely on how your network is set up.

A timeout seems to imply that some edge server is holding onto the request and not refusing it outright. You might have some luck on the Let’s Encrypt forums for ideas. But ultimately you’ll have to ensure that there’s a clear path from the edge of your network into your server.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.