caddy run

a. System environment:

Windows 10

b. Command:

Paste command here

c. Service/unit/compose file:

Paste full file contents here.
Make sure backticks stay on their own lines,
and the post looks nice in the preview pane.

d. My complete Caddy config:

woez.dk {
	reverse_proxy localhost:8096
}

3. The problem I’m having:

The error happens everytime i play a video in Jellyfin or i stop a video, if i ignore it and just keep watching videos, then it seems caddy stops working. It still running but is not forwarding anymore.

4. Error messages and/or full log output:

2023/02/08 06:41:50.912 ←[31mERROR←[0m  http.handlers.reverse_proxy     aborting with incomplete response       {"error": "context canceled"}
2023/02/08 06:41:54.773 ←[31mERROR←[0m  http.handlers.reverse_proxy     aborting with incomplete response       {"error": "stream 292 canceled with error code 268"}

5. What I already tried:

Nothing besides searching to see if i could find somebody if similar problem.

6. Links to relevant resources:

The only other reference to that error that I could find is in Traefik, which is another Go-based server reverseproxy.go:490: suppressing panic for copyResponse error in test; · Issue #8927 · traefik/traefik · GitHub

I’ve never had this happen myself, with my Jellyfin server, also on Windows. I’m not sure I can explain what’s going on.

Are you sure you’re using the latest version of Jellyfin?

1 Like

That is definitely obscure. But yeah, it looks like it’s caused by something strange with the backend and/or the Go standard library and its interaction with it.

I’m somewhat acquainted with a Jellyfin dev, let me see if any of them have a clue. They’re pretty smart about stuff :slight_smile:

Yes, im running 10.8.9.

So is this a Jellyfin issue or Caddy?

I am no way an expert in any of this, so i am grateful for all your help :slight_smile:

Well, the error apparently comes from the remote (Jellyfin in this case) doing something with the connection that Caddy (or its underlying Go standard library) isn’t expecting. Caddy itself doesn’t have code that emits that error, so I think it originates from the Go standard library, but I’m not sure what is causing it to happen in the first place. It’s basically something from Go itself or from Jellyfin, or the interaction between the two.

Can you make it minimally reproducible? I have a Jellyfin setup so I would be willing to try.

Again i have to say i am no expert at all, just learning as i go!

I just downloaded Jellyfin, installed it, setup the admin user, added a library, nothing els has been done to Jellyfin.

I then proceeded to portforward 80, 443 and 8086 in my router and in the windows firewall.

Then i went to my domain host and forwarded it to my ip.

Then i grabbed Caddy, extraced it to a folder on c:\desktop\Caddy, made the very simple config file as shown above and created a “caddystart.bat” and added a shortcut for that in “shell:startup”.

Bat file:
“cd C:\Users\EZSERVER\Desktop\Caddy
caddy run”

Thats all i have done so far, not sure if thats what you mean by reproduce.

It is still putting out the error in caddy everytime i press play on a movie/video and when i exit the movie/video, but now Caddy seems to keep working and dosent stop forwarding the traffic which is good.

I can live with the error popping up, as long as it keeps working, i just wanted to post it to you guys to see if i have done anything wrong.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.