Error in Logs with "updating ARI" after Upgrading to Caddy v2.8.1

Mm weird, because my caddy proxy just randomly dies suspiciously close to when the error and warn logs start appearing. It might be something else, but it only started happening after I pulled the new 2.8.x versions.

Do you have any details? What are the logs before it happens? What do you mean it “randomly dies”?

1 Like

Sorry, my bad, I made that comment in a bit of a hurry.

Since the update, I started noticing that every once in a while (multiple times a day), my websites stopped being reachable. When looking at the caddy logs, there was nothing other than ARI errors and warns, like these:

WARN	tls.cache.maintenance	ARI window or selected renewal time changed	{"identifiers": ["my.domain.tld"], "cert_hash": "...", "ari_unique_id": "...", "cert_expiry": "...", "prev_start": "...", "next_start": "0001/01/01 00:00:00.000", "prev_end": "...", "next_end": "0001/01/01 00:00:00.000", "prev_selected_time": "...", "next_selected_time": "0001/01/01 00:00:00.000", "explanation_url": ""}
	ERROR	tls.cache.maintenance	updating ARI	{"error": "could not fully update ACME renewal info: either no ACME issuer configured for certificate, or all failed (make sure the ACME CA that issued the certificate is configured)"}

A simple restart solved the issue, so I ended up writing a script that curls an endpoint and if it fails, the container is restarted.

I can get more details if needed.

1 Like

Can you pull a profile when it’s not responding?

A goroutine profile would be most helpful.

1 Like

Will try! It may be a while before I get one, because it’s very unpredictable as far as I can see.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.