Domain and email are different

Can I set my caddyfile to request a SSL cert for CompanyCorp.com even if my email is just email@company.com?

Yes, the email address has nothing to do with the domains you get a certificate for. :slight_smile: But you still have to have control over the domains’ DNS, regardless of your email.

Thank you for the info. I was fighting a 429 error saying to many registrations for my IP, then I remembered my firewall was still blocking port 80. After allowing port 80, now I’m getting Error: 400 Connection refused.

If you build Caddy from source, it’ll fix the 429 error. The next release will have the fix.

I fixed the 429 myself since I forgot to allow port 80 on the firewall. Now I’m having an issue with the 400 error and I’m pretty sure it is DNS somewhere.

I am up and running, my 400 error was a combo of DNS and NAT rules. Thanks for your super quick help!

@it101 If you could please help test https://github.com/mholt/caddy/pull/2452 by building Caddy from that branch and then making sure it still does not have the 429 errors, that would be great, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.