Can't get this rewrite rule to work

I’ve been trying to get some rewrite rules working translated from Apache but for some reason I can’t get it it to work.

The Apache rules are…

RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+).html$ m/$2.php
RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+).html$ m/$2/$3.php

I’ve translated that to…

rewrite {

r ^\/m\/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)\.html$
            to /m/{1}.php

r ^\/m\/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)\/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)\.html$
            to /m/{1}/{2}.php

}

So when I try to access /m/something.html it should rewrite to /m/something.php and the second rule… /m/foo/bar.html should translate to /m/foo/bar.php

However I just get a 404 when trying to access these URLs. From what I can tell everything looks correct but I must be missing something.

Any help would be appreciated.

Those rewrites look correct.

What’s your site’s root directive?

Does root + /m/foo/bar.php exist, and does Caddy have permission to read it?

Thank you for taking a look. Yes the root should be correct, I can access /m/foo/bar.php directly without a problem. Now that I have some verification the rewrites look correct I will keep digging. I’ll double check permissions and the root just in case.

One thing you might do to check that the rewrite is taking place is add {rewrite_uri} to your log directive format, then make a request that should be rewriten. You can then check what Caddy rewrote the request to.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.