[Caddy V2] PHP-fpm 502 Error

Does that mean we fixed it?

Yes. Sorry for the ambiguity. :blush:

@matt Any idea when a release might drop that includes this fix?

Iā€™m not confident in my ability to compile Caddy V2 from source to get this commit, but if no release is imminent, Iā€™ll roll up my sleeves and try to figure it out.

1 Like

Hopefully no later than Monday.

But building from source is easy. Instructions are on the readme.

1 Like

@skyfaller, if you do compile, make sure you view the readme of the v2 branch. Iirc, the instructions are different to those of v1.

1 Like

@matt @Mohammed90 Iā€™m now running v2.0.0-beta11 h1:NVHnPAdZPt6OUBMltUMe2DWVsyYRbeE6NxhCm3AjGT8= and this issue is still not fixed. Iā€™m still getting errors like:

Dec 23 16:58:51 attenborough caddy[653]: 2019/12/23 21:58:51.751        ERROR        http.log.error        dialing backend: dial unix /var/run/php/php7.3-fpm.sock:0: connect: no such file or directory        {"request": {"method": "GET", "uri": "/", "proto": "HTTP/2.0", "remote_addr": "[2601:42:0:6200:6098:abe8:2896:4095]:62774", "host": "ri.sunrisemovement.dev", "headers": {"Accept-Encoding": ["gzip, deflate, br"], "Dnt": ["1"], "Cookie": ["__cfduid=d6ca04da650bbdc70d21c10be860b5ffa1572436203"], "Upgrade-Insecure-Requests": ["1"], "Te": ["trailers"], "User-Agent": ["Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.15; rv:71.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/71.0"], "Accept": ["text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8"], "Accept-Language": ["en-US,en;q=0.5"]}, "tls": {"resumed": false, "version": 772, "resumed": 4865, "proto": "h2", "proto_mutual": true, "server_name": "ri.sunrisemovement.dev"}}, "status": 502, "err_id": "cxqqnfmjw", "err_trace": "reverseproxy.(*Handler).ServeHTTP (reverseproxy.go:330)"}

Note the ā€œphp7.3-fpm.sock:0:ā€

This is from my Caddyfile saying ā€œphp_fastcgi unix//var/run/php/php7.3-fpm.sockā€

Are you sure? @BrightEyesD says it works for himā€¦

1 Like

Yep, rebooted my server and everything. Definitely running v2.0.0-beta11, definitely still getting the error. Iā€™ll make a separate topic with my full config files and everything again to help debugā€¦

EDIT: Nevermind, Iā€™m an idiot. It is actually working fine now after rebooting my server. Iā€™m not sure why it wasnā€™t working before the reboot, although I suspect it may have been that I was still running beta 10 since a ā€œreloadā€ of the service only refreshes the config file, not the binary. Thank you for your hard work and your patience with me!

1 Like

Thanks for double-checking! :grin: This happens a lot actuallyā€¦ so Iā€™ve learned to always double-check.

But yes, typically reloading only reloads the config, you have to restart the service (not necessarily the whole machine usually) to apply a new binary. Hopefully we can make this issue a thing of the past in later versions of Caddy 2.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.