Best install option for Caddy+DNS Plugin - help needed

Ok, got it. I think it generally gets to the container. Tab shows correct name etc. but then the website displayed either times out or just shows a spinning circle where it would normally show a login page.
The container needs Websocket support, is there anything I need to do on the Caddy side for that?

At this point I do not know what other than the Caddy Log I could be providing.
The container we are talking about is ShellNGN. Like I said, works with Nginx Reverse Proxy. So somehow Nginx musst do something that my Caddy does not currently do.

I checked the container log for shellngn but that however the shellngn container log really doesn’t show a whole lot other than that the container started successfully.

What specifically can I check at this point to track it down?

Lastly is there a way to limit access to bitwarden.my-domain.com/admin?

I have seen this in the forum respond /admin* "The admin panel is disabled, please configure the 'ADMIN_TOKEN' variable to enable it"
Where would I put it? Under reverse proxy, within handle?

*.my-domain.com {
  tls {
    dns cloudflare TOKEN
    resolvers 1.1.1.1
  }

# Standard reverse proxy
  @bitwarden host bitwarden.my-domain.com
  handle @bitwarden {
    reverse_proxy http://10.10.1.119:5555
  }

Nope, Caddy’s proxy has built-in websocket support, nothing to configure.

You haven’t shown logs from the actual failing requests. Try to find those. Enable the debug global option and show what you get around the time it doesn’t work.

I recommend using error or abort, not respond. But yeah you could add that sort of thing inside of your handle for that domain.

1 Like

Got it, Thank you!

Will try, but you are right it has to do with that specific container! Everything else I reverse proxy to works!

Thank you for all your help!

I wanted to say thank you again for all your help!

I will keep working on that one specific container. The rest works flawlessly so it does not seem to be a general problem with my caddy reverse proxy.

1 Like