Basicauth causes site to return 301 or 308

Thanks for the reassurance that it can work. I built up my last test (not shown in this thread) by commenting out my whole Caddyfile and then adding directives one by one until I got a failure. Initially I only got a failure when I added the handle_errors (which was later than the basicauth). At that point I removed everything unnecessary other than those (essentially the PHP handling and all but one basicauth), and still had failures. I then removed the basicauth and the handle_errors worked again.

Still, I can see how this thread is confusing now, so I’ll not add to it, but make a new one when I’ve gone through the simplest possible combinations to find where the failure in my setup is creeping in.

Paul

1 Like